Young Moms to Young Moms
Who this program is for:
Young Moms to Young Moms is a youth engagement program that builds on the resiliency of young pregnant and parenting women. It emerged from a substance abuse prevention project for young pregnant and parenting women, ages 13 – 21. The goal of the YM² project was to prevent drug misuse by increasing young women’s confidence and coping strategies and building on their knowledge of the possible adverse health and social effects of alcohol and other drugs, using a peer-to-peer strategy.
What this program is about:
The project has resulted in the YM² Resource Package, offering young pregnant and parenting women, and those who support them, materials and training activities to increase knowledge about alcohol and other drugs, remove stigma, build confidence and promote peer bonding.
The YM² Resource Package is a collection of materials that can be used to support and encourage young pregnant and parenting women as well as facilitate group activities in a variety of settings, including schools and community-based organizations.
How to access this program?
- Order the YM2YM Resource Package, components, or supporting materials
- Visit the Young Moms 2 Young Moms website
- Browse resource components below
The YM2YM Resource Package:
- Peer Ambassador Manual with session outlines, materials needed and session checklists
- Peer Ambassador Presentation Kit
- Posters Young Moms Are Moving Forward and Phenomenal Woman
- “I found out very quickly that you have to advocate for yourself to get the things that you and your baby need.” – Young mom